It seems like forever since I have sat down to update everyone on the activities at Great River Care Center. The last time I wrote a newsletter article it was cold, snowy, and I was just about ready to have a baby!! We welcomed our littlest Miss Johnson in January and she is a joyful addition to our family. Her arrival was a little exciting and earlier than we hoped, but she is healthy and we are doing fine. I’m glad to be back to work at the facility and have been enjoying getting back in the swing of things and getting to know the new residents who arrived while I was away.
May will be a month full of fun and exciting events. We will be celebrating National Nursing Home Week during the week of May 13th-19th. Below is a list of special events that will be taking place during that week. Be sure to stop by and join in the fun if you are able.
- Sunday, May 13th – Mother’s Day Social at 3pm
- Monday, May 14th – Community Happy Hour at 2pm
- Tuesday, May 15th – Kindermusik with Grandfriends at 10:30am
- Tuesday, May 15th – Yes, I Can Paint! Life Stories at 1:30pm
- Friday, May 18th – Come for Lunch & Stay for Bingo (Community Lunch) at 12:00pm
There will be other fun events going on every day, so be sure to stop by to keep up with the latest happenings.